Sunday, February 13, 2011

Tea Cozy, keeps your tea warm, makes your room cozy, and your heart happy!

 These grass-woven Tea Cozies that we bought at a small Hakka village in Taiwan on our way to visit tea gardens in Miaoli during March 2010. A few aged ladies were making these tea cozies to support their families and raise their grand children while their parents working at the cities.... In Taiwanese, they called these tea cozy, 茶壽, what a great imagination for a tea cozy. We were told the idea was originally from the Bird's Nest...and now it become an energy saving warmer for our tea, and makes our room cozy. When we are relaying our orders to those ladies...from our friends and our fellow tea colleagues...we know we are also making many families happy! We sure will like to keep this handcraft to be preserved and will also further introduce it to the upcoming World Tea Expo. Josephine and I plan to have one as the raffle drawing prize.
If your tea rooms or your tea shops plan to get one, we will be more than happy to serve. Every piece is different in size, weight, and the fabrics also varies. >

2 comments:

Lelia said...

I'm excited that you will have these basket tea cozies at the Expo. I will certainly look for you. This was my first exposure to this material for cozies. Thanks for the post!

The Tea And Hat Lady said...

Josephine and Thomas, I am enjoying my Taiwan tea cozy. Thanks so very much for sharing your Taiwan tea experiences with all of us tea fanatics. I am planning to write about it on my next blog.